Position : Section Manager-Fresh
Location : Store
Experience : 3 Years
Qualification : Bachelor's Degree
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTION
- Drives sales of Fresh Food area; fully responsible for department profit and loss, margin,
shrinkage management and budgeted costs
- Ensures the freshness and quality of all stock, including monitoring of sell-by date and
proper FIFO rotation of related stock
- Ensures a pleasant shopping experience for all customers; responds to customer
complaints or inquiries and solicits customer feedback and input; creates customer
satisfaction by building relationships and trains staff to make eye contact when greeting
customers or accompanying customers to the specific location of a requested item
- Retention and expansion of customer base through service level
- Responsible for department layouts and standards.
- Ensures execution of established safety, security, quality, and Fresh operations policies
- Ensures staff knowledge to clearly present the specifications of Own Brand products to
- Analyses fresh department KPI and trends and prepares action plans to leverage the
store’s fresh food strengths and address areas of opportunity
- Ensures consistent delivery of, product quality, freshness, price exception and
appropriate product levels that mirror the Customer Proposition Statement
- Control and conduct stock take activities
- Ensures the department equipment is used properly, maintained according to
manufactures guidelines and is in good working condition; coordinate with ALC & GA
Departments on cleaning tools, etc. regarding maintenance requirements for Scales, etc.
- Controls and approves daily ordering DC & Direct Supply and recommends adjustments
or cancellation as planned.
- Stock loss prevention & waste management;
- Ensure stock accuracy for all fresh departmentsEnsure the control disposal and clearance of articles
- Responsible for store hygiene audits
- Monitor competitors’ activities
- Ensures strict compliance with company dress code
- Reviews and approves monthly manpower schedule for all Fresh Departments
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the ASGM and SGM
Education and/or Job Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree (in Agriculture, or Hospitality) is preferable.
- Leadership experience of 3-4 years of in Commodity Department in a reputablesupermarket, food service, or relevant.
- English communication is preferable.
- Attention to details, flexible, a team leader, decisive, self-motivated
- Strong customer focus, self-disciplined
- Business drive, oriented for future possibilities,Adaptable and changes course easily
- Coaching, developing and team building
- Possess good communication, interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Passion of food
- Ability to withstand a working environment of -20 degree C as necessary
- Availability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays and evening as necessary
- Basic computer literate.